It is not uncommon for people entering drug and alcohol treatment to have diagnosed or undiagnosed mental health concerns.
- Each resident is assigned an individual psychotherapist.
- Therapists are licensed clinicians, post-master’s interns, master’s level marriage and family therapist/social work students, and doctoral psychology students
- Individual sessions are held one or two times per week, depending on the needs of the resident.
- Specialized treatment such as eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) trauma treatment and dialectical behavior therapy are used when applicable.
- Therapists refer to and interface with psychiatrists (clients’ choice in the community) and other outside specialists.
- Clinicians facilitate a mental health group each week.